Saturday, May 10, 2014

What is in a name?

YIKES!  May is almost half over and I haven't blogged in quite some time.  I keep meaning to write blogs, I think of funny/whity things that I want to share with the world, but I never seem to find the time to write these up.  In fact, I seem to keep meeting myself coming and going.  Kevin has been just as busy, in fact the last two or three days I know that he comes home but we barely see each other long enough to say hello or good bye!

This is a blog post that I have written in my head several times, What is in a name?  It was a question that Shakespeare asked, and Kevin and I find ourselves asking the same question (not as poetically).  We still don't know if we are having a girl or a boy, so we haven't gotten too serious about this whole name game... yet.  We are still throwing around names to each other, if we hear a name we like we will text it to each other and here is what the response typically are.

1 - I would have to hear it pronounced to tell you if I like it or not.
2 - I prosecuted someone with that name
3 - I had a kid in the program with that name who annoyed me.
4 - I knew someone in high school with that name, we can't name our kid that.

Apparently (unbeknownst to me) we both came into this marriage with a list of names that if we had a girl or a boy we wanted to name our child.  A grand total of ZERO of those names share both Kevin's list and my list.  In fact, our lists are so totally different it's a little scary.  This may have been something we should have discussed in our marriage counseling/prep classes.

We have had some great suggestions from some family members.

Kevin Jr (Kevin said no)
Little Bobby (I'll let you guess who came up with this original one)
Little Baby Bobby (again, I'll give you one guess)
Ida Jane (Ida think you better stop sending daily name suggestions;) HA)
Little Bobbie (you know, in case it's a girl)

I suppose we will get a little more serious about this in another month or so.  I hear that they don't let you leave the hospital with a baby with no name.


No comments:

Post a Comment