Saturday, May 24, 2014

Leg 1 of Kevin and Sarah are Flying Together for the First Time Ever!

Whew - We just blew into the windy city of Chicago, and I before my dear husband gets on social media and gives "his side" of the story, I just feel like I need to share what actually happened this morning.

Preface: Last night we had a conversation about our schedule for the morning.  Drive separate to Topeka, carpool together to the airport.  Leave Topeka at 8, gets us to the airport at 9, gives us two hours to check in before our 11AM flight.  At some point this morning, one of us (I'm not pointing any fingers) forgot what the game plan was.

4AM - Alarm goes off for Kevin, Sarah gets up.
4:15AM - Kevin gets up
6AM - Kevin leaves for Topeka to finish up work
6:15 Sarah heads off to Manhattan to buy socks for someone (again, not pointing any fingers) who couldn't find any clean or dirty socks this morning.
6:30 - Sarah Heads off top Topeka
7:30 - Sarah: Hey Kevin, are you ready?
          Kevin: I thought we weren't leaving until 8, I really need to work until 8
          Sarah: No worries, I'll just kill some time
8:15: Kevin: Hey, I need just 15 more minutes and then I'll leave
8:45: Kevin: I'm leaving the office
9:00: We depart Topeka

It is now 1:40 and we are sitting in Chicago, on our two hour lay over.  We are no longer on our time.... we are on airport time, and I am A OKAY with that.

I realize very quickly that we are now exactly 1 hour behind my planned itinerary.  Throughout the next hour, I believe that there were several references to NASCAR and my driving ability.  I qualified. (There is a discrepancy about what justifies "qualifying" but since this is my blog post and I say I qualified, I did!)

10:01: We pull into satellite parking at the airport
10:15: Excuse me ma'am, I believe that our flight boards in about 15-20 minutes and I think that the line to check luggage is longer than that.  "You should have been here two hours before your flight..." Yes ma'am, I understand, I apologize, can you just please help us?  ... So she barked orders at me, told me to tell Kevin to run to the security line... he did, I ran after him, we got through security, to our gate and make it with 15 minutes to spare by standing in line....

As Kevin said, Want to know how to make an Event Planner who is super attractive and well organized (this is the Hollywood version) get upset?  Show up to satellite parking with less than an hour before you are wheels up.   Truer words could not be spoken

I also see that Kevin has put a warning up claiming that this is a much made up, fabricated story.  I'll let you be the judge of that.....

Until further delays, layovers and qualifying:)


No comments:

Post a Comment