Sunday, August 3, 2014

Pregnancy Brain

I'm not doing a very good job of keeping up with this blogging thing.  I just received a notification that it has been well over a month since I have last written!  in my defense a lot has happened in the last month:)  I wish we could have another month of summer quite honestly!

The last few days have been rough.  I have lost my keys, lost my cell phone, lost my credit card and think I may be loosing my mind!

It started a week ago on Sunday, Kevin and I drove to church separately, he left before I did so when it came time for me to get in the car, I had no keys.  I looked everywhere, in all the rooms, in the couch cushions... EVERYWHERE!  So I ended up taking the spare key in hopes Kevin had my car keys with him.  Got to church, mentioned to Kevin I lost my keys and he just smirked.  Of course he knew where they were.  So after some harassing he told me I had left them in the garage on top of the trash can (isn't that is where everyone keeps their car keys!).

A few days later I was getting ready to leave for work, I had decided to go in early so I could get some additional things done before everyone else got there.  It came time to get in my car and I could not find my keys (again).  I looked everywhere...... again.  In all of the rooms, in the couch cushions, in the garage on top of the trash can.  No keys.  So I put my purse and other things in the car, only to discover that I had left my keys in the ignition with my window rolled down from the night before.  Thank goodness we live in a safe neighborhood!

At this point I was starting to get a little concerned about myself.  Kevin and I went to lunch yesterday after our child birthing class, I paid, we went home, took a nap, did some work and then I decided to go and get groceries.  Checking out I started to look for my credit card.  No where to be found, I started to clean my purse out in the middle of the register (there was no one behind me) and I couldn't find it anywhere!  I paid for the groceries with a different card, but this was really bothering me.  I knew that I wouldn't have stuck the card in a pants pocket because my pants didn't have pockets.  So I called the restaurant where we had lunch.  Sure enough, I had left my freaking credit card there! So I went and picked up my card, went home, unloaded groceries and made dinner.

So then it was time to go to bed and I couldn't find my phone (do you see a trend here).  I looked high and low and no phone.  I used Kevin's phone to call my phone and no phone.  So Kevin went outside and found the phone in my car.  Whew!  Crisis adverted, just misplaced, not lost!

This morning Kevin wakes up and goes to check his phone, and now he can't find it.  Guess who had it last?  That's right.. me:)  Apparently I had put his phone in my purse (which is a hazard in and of itself!).

I'm going to blame this one on pregnancy brain, I just have a lot of other things on my mind right now, but I do think that there is some truth to pregnancy brain.  Let's just all hope I can get through the next 9 weeks and not loose anything else of importance!

No comments:

Post a Comment